We are presently looking for
Home Cleaning Subcontractors
What are we looking for in a Subcontractor?
Well… are you AWESOME?
Personal Touch Home Cleaning is an Ottawa-based boutique residential cleaning company that is always looking to grow its team of independent cleaning subcontractors. We are interested in recruiting positive, enthusiastic people who want to make a difference and who enjoy the feeling of accomplishment! For the right person, working with Personal Touch will provide ongoing job satisfaction, great exercise, new skills, decent income, as well as the opportunity for personal growth and, if interested, coaching on how to fast track to a successful cleaning business.
The most important prerequisite is that you must be AWESOME!!!
How do we define AWESOME?
- Go-Getter: You have a hard time sitting at a desk all day because you like to move and stay busy. You follow directions and have a keen eye for detail – you notice little things that others miss! With this position, having a bit of OCD is a good thing! Too much and you’re scrubbing a toilet for hours. LOL
- Excellent Communication Skills: You know how to listen to others and express yourself clearly. It all boils down to “not what you say, but how you say it”. And in this fast-paced industry, clients expect prompt and timely communications – and so do we!
- Must LOVE Cleaning: We thrive on ensuring our clients experience the zen-like “ahhhhh” feeling when returning to their freshly cleaned home! To be successful, you must have a passion for being of service to others, as well as a desire to make their lives a little bit (and in some cases a whole lot) better. This is essential.
- Early Bird: You are a morning person who loves to start their day with a BANG! Let’s get to it and clean us some homes!
- Optimist: You see the glass as half full and don’t allow challenges to derail your day. You let the negative blow over you, learn from it and focus on the positive aspects of any situation. And never take criticism personally – it’s shared respectfully with the goal of enhancing learning and skills.
- Eagerness to Grow & Learn: You give 100% all the time while looking for the opportunity to improve your knowledge and skill set. You like feedback and strive to do your best!
- Multi-Tasker: You can rub your belly and pat your head at the same time! When given big projects with many small parts, you say “BRING IT ON! And you then strategize on the best way to eat an elephant – one bite at a time!Coachable: Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses, and you are eager to learn the “Personal Touch” method of cleaning. It’s the best (in our humble opinion)!
What This Opportunity Has to Offer You:
- Comprehensive On-the-Job Paid Training: This isn’t like cleaning your own home. We are going to show you how the pros do it and how to provide our clients with the “Personal Touch”!
- Positive Work Environment: Negativity and drama are not welcome here!!! We support one another for our mutual success and enjoyment.
- Major Holidays Off: Unless you’d like to take advantage of one-off projects (i.e. during real estate season March thru October).
- Emphasis on Personal Growth, Success & Shared Learnings.
- Minimum one year cleaning experience
- Valid driver’s license and reliable, insured vehicle
- Possess or willing to obtain General liability and W.S.I.B. insurance, for your protection as well as our clients
- Ability to read, speak and write English fluently
- Ability to lift 25 pounds; stand, bend, kneel, push and pull in order to perform all cleaning duties
- Availability Monday through Friday 8:00-4:00 pm, part time or full time
- Possess your own products, tools & equipment
- Possess a working cell phone and commit to prompt, timely communications
- Ability to pass a criminal & medical background check (if requested)
- Coachable/adaptable to the Personal Touch method of home cleaning